Monday, April 10, 2006

It's been awhile...

...and who knows whatever became of Eric? Perhaps he's stuck in a movie theater somewhere.

Damn, it's hard to type with NPR in background, and Shrubbie mispronouncing 'nuclear.' I've noticed a lot of right-wing radio nuts calling them 'nukes' lately, and I'm convinced it's because they don't want to make their ignoramus-in-chief look bad. Just a theory.

Anyway, here goes:

V for Vendetta: Intriguing, ultimately leaves one cold. Builds up the drama, drops us. However, Natalie Portman is so beautiful. I think she is the US equiv of Juliette Binoche.

Weatherman: Eric was right! Really thought-provoking, entertaining, existential. I say existential like it's a good thing.

Lord of War: While on a Nic Cage jag, saw this. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.

Inside Man: Enjoyed it. Love Spike Lee's eye. No, I don't know his eye. I have also officially given myself over to S's Clive Owen adoration.

Brick: Just saw it. I found it overrated, and worse, not that fun to watch. I wanted to have fun. I did not. It was ohhhh-kay. Not great or nothin'.

The Pillowman: At the ACT Theater until 16 April. Amazing, horrifying. I laughed, I was sick to my stomach. Mortifying time had by all. You should, seriously, see it. But the tix were expensive. But mine was free.

-Until the next time,
L

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lori, finally you're back! I've been waiting to read your insights. You are so smart and interesting.

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to Film Reviews That Ate Paris