Four Days, Three Films. That's more like it.
Three reviews in the hopper they call my brain. Okay, nobody calls my brain a hopper. The point is that three film reviews of varying length and insight are coming soon to a blog near you, more specifically this one. Last Thursday Eric and I saw "His Girl Friday" at the marvelous Central Cinema on 21st and Union. So there's that one, and it gets four out of five croissants (get it--Paris?)
Saturday night Cheryl and I braved the movie crowds in Wenatchee to see "In Her Shoes," which right out of the chute I have to say is one of the worst movie titles I've seen lately. Two croissants and a double espresso for that one (yeah, I'm making this rating system up as I go along, and your point is...?)
Sunday night, back in Seattle with Eric at the Meridian Cinemas on 7th and Pine (what am I, Mapquest?), a theater that has all the atmosphere of purgatory, but what do I know, I'm not even Roman Catholic, to see A History of Violence, starring Viggo Mortensen and Maria Bello, and wowza, this one gets five baguettes out of five.
More tomorrow. I'm tired from watching all of these movies.
-Lori
Saturday night Cheryl and I braved the movie crowds in Wenatchee to see "In Her Shoes," which right out of the chute I have to say is one of the worst movie titles I've seen lately. Two croissants and a double espresso for that one (yeah, I'm making this rating system up as I go along, and your point is...?)
Sunday night, back in Seattle with Eric at the Meridian Cinemas on 7th and Pine (what am I, Mapquest?), a theater that has all the atmosphere of purgatory, but what do I know, I'm not even Roman Catholic, to see A History of Violence, starring Viggo Mortensen and Maria Bello, and wowza, this one gets five baguettes out of five.
More tomorrow. I'm tired from watching all of these movies.
-Lori

1 Comments:
Braving the crowds in Wenatchee? Don't believe her--there were about 12 people at the 9:30 show. On a Staurday!
Post a Comment
<< Home